Monday, September 8, 2008

The Virtue of Consistency

Daily painting begs for consistency, even if in small measure. There are many days in which my schedule is so tight I seem to never get caught up with office work, housework, even sleep. But when I make the effort to spend a few minutes in my studio painting I feel revitalized. The brushstrokes placed on the canvas today faithfully invite the ones that follow tomorrow. One canvas gives birth to the next and that one to the next.

Daily Painters of New Mexico was born out of an urgent personal need, a sense that without developing the simple virtue of consistency, I and many other artists as well, would somehow fail to be true to ourselves and to our higher purpose. With that in mind, this online gallery provides us with a safe platform to support unending artistic evolution.

Daily Painters of New Mexico will be joined by Daily Painters USA in 2009. In October we will announce the details of a national art competition and Salon Show. If you happen upon this blog and would like to receive our newsletter, SKETCHES, go to www.dailypaintersnewmexico.com.

No comments: