When I started this blog, I didn't really know how important it was to do so on a regular basis. Yes, nearly nine months is a bit of a "pause". One of the best daily painter/bloggers I know ( through his blog ) is a German artist, Edward B. Gordon ( www.edwardbgordon.blogspot.com ) Edward wins the Olympic Gold Medal for daily painting and blogging. Because of his dedication he has a following of thousands of fans, many whom have also purchased paintings from him. His career has soared and yet he continues to share moments of his daily life with the world.
Sharing seems to be an important key to all of this. If a person is really connected to his or her own life, there is something great in the ordinary that is worth sharing. Artists share moments of gratitude for life, even those moments wrought with illness, pain or anger, through their work. Adding words to the images brings them full screen.
The Daily Painters of New Mexico website, www.dailypaintersnewmexico.com was created as a convenient platform for a number of New Mexico artists to try their hand at this magical, transforming practice. We've staggered a bit. As a result, there have been many missed opportunities to record in writing and on canvas, simple precious moments of our fleeting days. But we're slowly catching on.
I don't know all the techniques of writing a blog yet. That's why you don't see any images, but I'll make an attempt at it soon.
Saturday, September 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment